Tuesday 21 April 2015

Tamago cravings

Dr. Parim has included eggs in the list of food I have to avoid. After more than a week of porridge and less inspiring bland meals, I am hungry for stuff I can't have. So, I will just talk about what I wish I can bite into right now. Japanese sweet omelette.

Tamagoyaki is a cheap and tasty street food in Japan. It is basically a type of Japanese layered and rolled omelet cooked in a square pan, slightly sweet and is popularly served for breakfast. Flavors of tamagoyaki vary, and various fillings can be added to make it a more substantial dish.

A typical portion costs 100 yen and can be quickly whipped up by this couple in Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo, one of many stalls that have their own special recipes.




The result is a piping hot, fragrant, fluffy and moist cake of egg layers best eaten hot.


Better than McEgg, eh?


So good, this gentleman polished it up in seconds :)


If you are adventurous, you can try to make it yourself. It looks simple enough here http://justhungry.com/tamagoyaki

(Tsukiji Fish Market, Tokyo - April 2015)


No comments:

Post a Comment