Sunday 19 April 2015

Porridge day

I'm back in bed, feeling like an injured sloth, with a burning throat to compound an already miserable physical state of being.

Comfort food is reduced to plain watery porridge eaten with marinated sesame seaweed. And the company of a book. 


This book. Which I am still plodding along. 


Today's reading of Chapter 17 resumes with Aomame meeting the Dowager again and her introduction to the little girl Tsubasa. As always, I keep reading the more I read.

The way I read Murakami is like having a good conversation with an old soul mate. Sometimes, we get cut off in the middle of it, got distracted, went separate ways and it does not matter at all. We pick up where we left off when we meet up again. Sometimes a week later. Sometimes months. We bear no grudges for the silence in between.

I'm seeing Dr. Parim again tomorrow morning. More out of fear that this sore throat and cough will turn into something worse than a nasty case of laryngitis. 

I want to get back into the swim of things as soon as I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment